Search for an answer or browse help topics to create a ticket


Show moreless
View all categories

How can I dematerialise my physical shares if I am unable to sign documents due to old age or health related reasons?

As per SEBI (WEB), if clients have not updated their KYC with their respective Registrar and Transfer Agents (RTA), their folios will be frozen from 1st April 2023, and they will not be able to dematerialise their physical shares. Clients are requested to contact their RTAs if their KYC is not updated. To learn more about RTAs, see What are Registrar and Transfer agents (RTA)?

The process to convert your physical shares into demat mode requires physical signatures on forms and documents. You can check the list of documents required in this article .

If you are unable to sign the documents due to old-age or health-related reasons, you will need to reach out to the Registrar & Transfer Agent (RTA) of the company. You can find the contact details of the RTA under the investor relations section on the company's website.

The forms and documents required can be different for every RTA. However, generally, the RTAs require medical certificates from a Government hospital and a thumb impression of the shareholder to process the dematerialisation request.