Search for an answer or browse help topics to create a ticket


Show moreless
View all categories

Can I continue using my Zerodha account after going abroad?

If you're going abroad for less than 6 months , you can continue using your Zerodha account. However, if you’re going abroad for over 6 months , you become an NRI, and you should convert your resident account to an NRI account.

You can either convert your existing account to an NRO account, see Can I convert my existing account at Zerodha to an NRI account? Or you could also close your resident account and open a new NRI account. See How do I close my Zerodha account? and How can I open a Zerodha trading and demat account as an NRI?

It is the duty of the clients to declare their residential status.

Did you know? When a person moves abroad for employment, business, or any other purpose that indicates his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period. In that case, he becomes a non-resident from the day he leaves India.