Search for an answer or browse help topics to create a ticket
View all categories

What should I do if the bank has changed the branch IFSC or my account number?

Sometimes, banks undergo internal restructuring or get merged/acquired due to which the account numbers and IFSC can change.

In such cases, you’ll have to update the same at our end. You can update the account number or IFSC change by following the online 'primary bank account change' process explained here . If the account number or IFSC change is for your secondary bank, you can follow the process here .

The online modification is possible only if your registered mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar. If your Aadhaar is unlinked or if you hold a non-individual account (HUF, Corporate, or Partnership), then you can follow the offline process explained below.

You will need to download the ‘Account Modification Form’ and print it, fill it and sign it and send it to Zerodha head office along with the bank account proof (one from the below list)

  1. Personalised Cancelled Cheque (with Account holder's name printed on the cheque leaf)
  2. Bank statement (with IFSC Code and MICR No.) - * should be self-attested
  3. Bank Passbook

Note : The Bank Account needs to be in the name of the Zerodha account holder. You will be charged Rs 25 + 18% GST for the modification.

The filled form along with the proof has to be sent to -

153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078