How to open a Zerodha account offline?
To open a resident individual account offline, submit the following documents:
- Equity trading and demat account form (PDF) . Follow these instructions (PDF) to fill out the form.
- A passport size photograph is to be affixed and signed across.
- Self-attested PAN copy.
- Self-attested address proof. Any one of the following documents: Driving licence, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card.
Income proof is required to enable F&O. Any one of the following documents:
- Bank statement for the last 6 months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000. (Statement must be in the name of the Zerodha account holder.)
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.
- Bank proof. Any one of the following documents: Personalised cancelled cheque with the name printed on it or bank statement or bank passbook copy with the bank account number, MICR and IFSC code visible.
- Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI) form (PDF) - DDPI is a document that allows a broker to debit the securities from the client’s demat account and deliver them to the exchange. The client doesn’t have to enter the CDSL T-PIN and OTP to sell shares once the DDPI is submitted. However, DDPI is optional. If clients do not wish to submit the DDPI, CDSL T-PIN can be used for authorisation. To learn more, see What is Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI)?
For assistance, call 080 47192020, 080 71175337 or create a ticket .
Did you know? If the account holder is a senior citizen and cannot sign the forms, a medical certificate and a thumb impression of the account holder on a sheet of paper must be sent along with the other documents.
The account opening charges are as follows:
|Equity trading and demat account||₹400|
|Equity trading, demat and commodity account||₹600|
To pay the account opening charges, write a cheque in favour of Zerodha Broking Ltd.
Once the documents are ready, courier them to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
The account will be opened within 48 working hours of receiving the forms if all the documents are in order.