What documents are required to open an account online?
To open a resident individual account online, the following are required:
- Self-attested copy of the PAN with the signature under Applicant signature.
- Aadhaar (open your account via the offline route if you don't want to use the Aadhaar details, see What documents do I require to open an account offline with Zerodha? )
- A mobile number linked to Aadhaar (mandatory, to receive an OTP and esign the account opening form.)¹
Proof of bank account in your name.²
For bank account verification, enter the account details, i.e. account number and IFSC, Zerodha will deposit an amount between ( ₹ 0.01 to ₹ 1) to the bank account or, validate by entering a valid UPI Virtual Payment Address (VPA) and proceed. If the validation using these two modes fail, upload proof of bank account² .
- A scanned copy of your signature. The signature must be with ballpoint or ink pens. Markers or sketch pens are not allowed.
- Income proof³ (optional).
¹To link the mobile number to Aadhaar, visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra. The nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra can be found
The mobile number linked to your Aadhaar can be seen by visiting
If there is an alternate mobile number that is linked to the Aadhaar, use the same to receive an OTP and complete the account opening process.
²Cancelled cheque, bank statement, the front page of the passbook (any one). The bank proof should include your name, bank logo/sign/stamp, account number, IFSC and MICR code. If the cheque is not personalized, the bank statement should have both the IFSC and MICR code printed.
³Submit any one of the following if you wish to trade in F&O:
- Bank statement for the last six months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000. (Statement must be in the name of the applicant.)
- The latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.