What documents do I need to open an account online?
You need the following documents to open a Zerodha demat account online:
- Your PAN card
- Your Aadhaar (you can open your account via the offline route if you don't want to use your Aadhaar details)
- To complete the e-Sign process, you will have to authenticate it with an OTP. So, make sure you have the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar handy. If not, you will not be able to complete the process. If the number linked to your Aadhaar is inactive, or if you don’t have any number linked, then you can visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get it updated.
- Cancelled cheque/Bank statement to link your bank account - If your cheque is not personalized then the bank statement you upload should have both the IFSC and MICR code printed on it. If not then your application will be rejected.
- A photo or scanned copy of your signature proof will be required to be uploaded.
- Income proof - It is mandatory to submit income proof if you wish to trade in Futures and options – Equity, Commodity, and Currency. You can submit any one of the below documents:
b. Income Tax Return Acknowledgment
c. 6-month Bank statement
d. Latest salary slip
e. Demat holding statement, or
f. Networth certificate from a CA