Everything you need to know to get started with your Zerodha account
How long will it take to get the login credentials?
The login credentials are emailed to the registered email ID within 72 hours of submitting the account opening forms.
As per SEBI guidelines (WEB), if the trading and demat account is being opened for the first time and the KYC is not verified, the KYC Registration Agency (KRA) must verify the KYC before the account is opened, which can take an additional 72 hours. To learn more, see How long does it take to open an account, and where can the account opening status be tracked?
Kite - Trading platform
Learn more about Kite by visiting support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/kite-web-and-mobile. Take a free course on Kite by visiting kite.learnapp.com or read the user manual by visiting kite.trade/docs/kite.
Console - Reporting platform
Charges at Zerodha
Visit zerodha.com/charges to see all the applicable charges while trading and investing.
How does Zerodha help a new investor or trader?
Zerodha offers multiple platforms that are aimed at financial education.
- Varsity: One of the largest, in-depth educational resources for the stock market and financial lessons on the web and is accessible to anyone. To learn more, visit zerodha.com/varsity or download the app for Android and iOS. Varsity Certified is an online certification program designed to test your market knowledge and give you the confidence to start your career in capital markets. To learn more, visit zerodha.com/varsity/certified.
- LearnApp: An educational platform that provides online video lessons from industry experts on investing, trading, and business. To learn more, visit learnapp.com.
- TradingQnA: A discussion forum about stock markets. Ask questions and seek answers to queries by visiting tradingqna.com.
- Z-connect: A blog about trading and investing with Zerodha. All announcements, initiatives, and updates on Zerodha’s platforms and products are posted on this blog. To learn more, visit zerodha.com/z-connect.
- Quicko: A tax-filing platform for Zerodha traders. To learn more, visit zerodha.quicko.com.
Can IPOs be applied for using Zerodha?
How to add funds to Zerodha account?
Funds can be added online using UPI, payment gateway, NEFT/RTGS and IMPS. They can also be added using a cheque. To learn more, visit support.zerodha.com/category/funds/adding-funds.
Can mutual fund investments be made through Zerodha?
Yes, visit coin.zerodha.com to invest in mutual funds, government bonds, and sovereign gold bonds.
How to contact Zerodha support?
All queries regarding Zerodha, its products, and its services are answered on the support portal. Visit support.zerodha.com. Select the relevant topic and create a ticket if further assistance is required. See How do I create a ticket or raise a complaint at Zerodha? For assistance over call, dial 080 4718 1888 or 080 4718 1999. Clients are required to enter the support code to reach the support desk. See, What is a support code, and why is it required to reach Zerodha’s support desk?
Refer and Earn
Refer friends and family to earn 10% of their brokerage. See How do I refer Zerodha to my friends and family? Each successful referral earns 300 reward points, which can be used to subscribe to Zerodha's paid partner products. See What can I do with the reward points earned through referral?
Should physical documents be sent to Zerodha after the account is opened?
Physical documents are not required to be sent to Zerodha, as the account opening process is entirely online.
Will Zerodha send any documents to my address?
No, Zerodha does not send any documents unless requested. Clients can opt to receive physical or digital annual reports. To learn more, see Does Zerodha send any physical documents through mail or courier?
Does Zerodha provide tips and advice?
Zerodha does not provide tips, money management services, or advisory services. If any unsolicited advisory or stock tip via SMS, call or email was received from someone claiming to be from Zerodha, report the same by creating a ticket with the details. To learn more visit, fightstocktips.zerodha.com.
Does Zerodha provide a platform to help create long-term portfolios?
Yes, smallcase is a theme-based investment platform that helps build a diversified, low-cost, and long-term portfolio. To learn more, visit smallcase.zerodha.com.
Does Zerodha provide a platform for options analysis and strategy-based trading?
Yes, sensibull helps clients trade simple options strategies with limited losses. To learn more, visit sensibull.com.
Does Zerodha provide a platform for creating and backtesting strategies?
Yes, streak helps plan and manage trades without coding. To learn more, visit streak.tech.