How to open a Zerodha account online?
An individual Zerodha account can be opened online if the mobile number is linked to the Aadhaar. To open an account, visit signup.zerodha.com, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the e-sign. To open an online account, the following documents are required:
- Self-attested copy of the PAN with the signature under Applicant signature.
- A scanned copy of the signature. The signature must be with a black or blue ballpoint or ink pen. Markers or sketch pens are not allowed.
- Aadhaar card. Ensure a masked Aadhaar is submitted, i.e., black out the first 8 digits of the Aadhaar number. Only the last four digits should be visible. To download a masked Aadhaar online, visit myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and tick the Do you want a masked Aadhaar? option while downloading Aadhaar.
- A mobile number linked to the Aadhaar.
- A bank proof in the client's name. The bank proof can be one of the following: A personalised cancelled cheque with the name printed on it, bank statement, bank passbook copy with the bank account number, bank logo, seal, MICR, and IFSC code clearly visible.
- An income proof, if a client wants to trade in F&O. The income proof can be one of the following:
- Bank statement for the last six months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000.
- The latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.
Clients can view the video tutorial of the account opening process by visiting youtube.com/watch?v=iYDw_9SinE4. The account will be opened within 72 working hours, and an email with the user ID will be sent. If the mobile number is not linked with the Aadhaar, the offline process of opening an account has to be followed. See, How to open a Zerodha account offline?
Did you know? NRI and non-individual accounts can only be opened offline. To learn more about NRI accounts, visit support.zerodha.com/category/account-opening/nri-account-opening. To learn more about non-individual accounts, visit support.zerodha.com/category/account-opening/company-partnership-and-huf-account-opening.
To know the charges applicable for an individual account, visit zerodha.com/charges#tab-equities.