How to fill a Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF)?
To fill the Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF)¹ ( PDF ) follow these steps:
Fill the 16 digit
², which can be found on Console by visiting
If the shares are under lock-in period (ESOP, promoters shares etc.) tick
If the shares are not under lock-in period, tick
- The name of the Company, ISIN, and face value can be found on the NSE or BSE website on the respective stock pages.
Application Slip, Ref No
fields can remain empty.
Enter Certificate No. found on the share certificate. If the numbers are in sequence, enter the from and to numbers. If the numbers are not in a sequence, enter them separately in each row.
- Enter the Distinctive No. found on the share certificate. If the numbers are in sequence, enter the from and to numbers. If the numbers are not in a sequence, enter them separately in each row.
- Enter the Quantity of shares as per the share certificate.
Enter the Number of certificates
along with the face value
as per the share certificate.
Enter the lock in reason and lock in release date as per the share certificate, if securities to be dematerialised are in the lock in period.
- Enter the name of the holders of the securities.
Holder(s) must sign in the following fields:
* Signature with DP : This signature has to match the one in the records of Zerodha³.
* Signature with RTA/Issuer/Co: This signature has to match the one in the records of the company.
- If the share certificate is jointly held, all the holders must sign the DRF as shown below:
Send the documents to the following address (via post, registered post, speed post or courier):
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
¹ To convert physical share certificates to demat form, see How do I convert physical share certificates into Demat form?
² To know more about Demat ID, see What is my DP name, DP ID, BO ID, and demat ID?
³ To check the signature as per Zerodha records, see Where can I check the documents that I submitted while opening an account?