How to update the income details for the Zerodha account?
Zerodha may request clients to update their income details for the following reasons:
As part of the Prevention of Money Laundering (PMLA) surveillance, if the transactions in the Zerodha account exceed the income details declared earlier, clients must update the income details to continue trading or investing.
Periodic review of clients' financial information
as per SEBI guidelines to allow continued trading in the derivatives segment.
To update the income proof, follow these steps:
- Visit signup.zerodha.com/rekyc/income.
- Click on Continue with Kite.
- Login with Zerodha credentials.
- Click on Authorize.
- Select Income Slab.
- Select Income Proof (Optional)¹.
- Accept the undertaking.
- Click on Continue.
Income proof will be updated within 48 hours of completing the process, and Zerodha will send an email to the registered email address notifying the same.
¹Submitting income proof is optional. However, to continue trading in F&O, income proof must be submitted, or the F&O segment will be disabled. Any one of the following documents can be submitted as income proof:
- Bank statement with the bank logo and seal in the name of the Zerodha account holder for the last 6 months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000.
- Latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
- Latest ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.