My order got rejected but I can't find it in the orderbook on Kite. Why is this?
An additional layer of order validation is added that rejects the order if it does not qualify for certain rules. This is done to enhance order processing speed on Kite. You cannot find such orders in the order book as they are rejected before they are sent to the exchanges. However, you will be able to see the rejection in the order status notification.
The orders are validated for the following rules:
- Freeze Quantity - Validates F&O orders which are higher than freeze quantity.
- Intraday orders - Validates intraday orders for stocks on NSE and BSE which are not allowed for MIS/CO. See stocks allowed for intraday ( DOC ).
- Trigger Price - Validates orders with trigger price lower than LTP for buy orders and higher than LTP for sell orders.
- Market orders for Stock options - Blocks market orders for stock options due to illiquidity.
- AMO orders - Blocks AMO orders placed between 9:00 AM and 3:45 PM for EQ and CDS, 9:10 AM and 3:45 for FO.
- MCX far month contracts - Blocks far month MCX contracts that are blocked due to illiquidity.
- Orders placed beyond circuit limits - Blocks orders placed beyond circuit limits and price bands.
- Order quantity greater than 1,00,000 shares - Blocks orders placed with a quantity greater than 1,00,000.
- Market order using AMO for Index options - Blocks market orders in index options using AMO. You can place limit orders.
- Buy orders are blocked in stocks that are in the exchanges' watchlist for unsolicited SMS tips circulation. Visit nseindia.com/regulations/unsolicited-messages-report to view NSE’s watchlist.
- If the order is placed outside the allowed range for index options
- If the order is placed for the scrips that are under ban period. See Why do Futures and Option scrips enter ban period, what does it mean?