How do I update my financial proofs on Console?
As brokers, we're required to collect a Financial proof from all clients intending to trade in the Derivative segment (including Commodity Derivatives). You can refer to this annexure from SEBI.
Such Financial proofs are to be reviewed periodically as per Exchange guidelines.
Any of the below documents will suffice as financial proof -
1. Bank account statement for the last 6 months (latest)
2. Latest salary slip
3. Copy of ITR acknowledgment
4. Copy of Form 16 in case of salary income
5. Net worth Certificate issued by a Chartered Accountant
6. Statement of Demat holdings.
You need to submit these documents by 15 March, 2019 in order to have continued access to F&O trading on our platforms.
To submit your financial proof, go to console.zerodha.com, click on your client ID on the top right-hand corner of the screen and select 'My Profile'. Here, click on 'Financial proofs'. Select your income range and upload the soft copy of any of the above mentioned financial proofs. (PDF, JPG, JPEG & PNG only)
1. If you are uploading a pdf please ensure that you enter the password in the 'File password' field. Alternatively, you can use this website to remove password protection and upload the file without a password.
2. You will not be able to upload multiple files as proof in Console. You have to either upload a .zip file containing the multiple proof files or merge the pdfs and upload a single file. Refer to this article to know more.
Once you submit your financial proof on Console, the upload status will show as pending. It will be sent for review to our verification team. The status will show as pending until the verification has been completed. If you upload multiple times, the latest document uploaded will override the previous uploads.
We will be sending the approval/rejection status via SMS and E-mail. If the financial proof you have uploaded is rejected, you will have to re-upload another financial proof on Console.