Can an NRI account be opened online?
- Log in to nri.zerodha.com/login#signup.
- Sign up by verifying the email ID and password.
- Select the Country of residence and NRI category.
- Enter the name as per the ITD and mobile number with the ISD code.
- Pay the account opening fee of ₹500.
- Upload a passport-size photograph and PAN. Enter the KYC details.
- Enter the bank account details. If an NRE PIS account is being opened, a PIS bank account must be linked, and the PIS letter must be uploaded.
- Provide the FATCA declaration.
- Complete the IPV. See, What is In-Person Verification (IPV), and why is it required?
Enter the nominee or guardian details.
- Click on Submit form for review.
Zerodha reviews the online forms within 48 working hours. If corrections are required, clients must redo the online process. Once the verification is complete, clients can print the application, sign and courier it along with the supporting documents. To learn the documents required to open an NRI account, see What documents are required to open a Zerodha account as an NRI?
Did you know? The online application review process is for individual NRI account holders and not for joint accounts.