How do I open a commodity account?
Note: We presently allow commodity accounts to be opened at Zerodha if
- You also open an equity account (trading + Demat) OR
- You have an existing equity account (trading + Demat) with Zerodha
If you want to open a commodity account online, you can follow the same procedure as opening an account online as mentioned in this article and select commodity account in the account opening flow, when prompted.
If you are an existing holder of a trading & DEMAT account with us, you can open a commodity account offline, when you already have a trading account with Zerodha, download the 'Commodity trading' form, print it, fill it and sign it. Along with that, you'll have to send us your proof of income.
Any one of the below documents will suffice as income proof:-
1. Bank account statement for the last 6 months
2. Latest salary slip
3. Copy of ITR acknowledgement
4. Copy of Form 16 in case of salary income
5. Net worth Certificate
6. Statement of Demat holdings.
To be sent to:
Zerodha HO [#153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
J.P Nagar 4th Phase, Bangalore - 560078]
You will be charged Rs 200/- & once the forms are received at our office, the commodity segment will be activated in 48 hours.