How do I deactivate my account?
De-activation is an option our clients have if they intend to stop trading temporarily and resume it later.
Note: If you are an existing account holder with Zerodha, and you're closing it because your employer doesn't allow you to trade/invest with us, click here.
De-activation implies -
- The trading account will be de-activated. A freeze will be applied on the DEMAT. No credits or debits of shares/MF's can happen to the demat account.
- You will not have access to the trading platforms/backoffice/Q/Console.
- AMC and other such charges will continue to be levied on the trading ledger, if applicable.
- You will continue to receive periodic emails like account statements, holding statements, etc.
To de-activate your account, download & print the 'account closure form'. Check on 'deactivate account' and fill up the rest of the form & send it to our head office. Alternatively, you can digitally sign (e-sign) the filled account closure form and submit it by raising a ticket below. The account closure form will be processed within 5-7 working days. The process of digitally e-signing is as below -
- Fill up the closure form - using MS Word or any other text editor
- Sign up/ Log in to Digio
- Click on Add document and upload the closure form.
- Click on sign icon.
- Enter your VID and once you do you will receive an OTP.
- Once you enter OTP, digital signature will be affixed to account closure form. Once the signature is affixed, you need to download it and submit it by raising a ticket below.
You can reactivate your account, by sending us a written letter (reactivation letter) along with basic KYC (PAN, Address proof).