How do I apply for a Buyback?
You can apply for Buybacks/Takeover/Delisting on Console - https://console.zerodha.com/portfolio/ofs-buyback/
Hover your mouse on the stock and select 'Options' and click on 'Place order'.
Enter the number of shares you want to tender and click on 'Submit'
- Buyback/Takeover/Delisting orders are collected until 6:00 PM, one day prior to the offer end date. Ensure to hold sufficient quantities in your DEMAT account on the offer end date. (Do not sell the shares after placing the order)
- Charges for the orders placed online is Rs. 20 + GST. Manual/offline orders will not be accepted.
Any shares offered in excess of the acceptance ratio will be credited back to your DEMAT account by the RTA and the funds for your accepted shares will be directly credited to your bank account.
You have to ensure that you tender your shares during the offer window. Tender offers cannot be made after the offer window closes.
- The acceptance ratio will be calculated only when the offer window closes and it will be based on the number of shares tendered and the number of retail investors who have applied for the buyback.
- If you tender more shares than your entitlement, then whether these additional shares will be accepted for buyback or not will solely depend on the acceptance ratio decided by the company.
- The details of upcoming buybacks/takeover/delisting can be found on Zerodha Bulletin. We post a monthly bulletin, where all the online buybacks for that month are updated.