How do I apply for a Buyback?
You can apply for Buybacks/Takeover/Delisting/OFS on Console> Portfolio> Corporate action order window
Hover your mouse on the stock and select 'Options' and click on 'Place order'.
Enter the number of shares you want to tender and click on 'Submit'
- Buyback/Takeover/Delisting orders are collected until 6:00 PM, one trading day prior to the offer end date. Ensure to hold sufficient quantities in your demat account before closure of the offer end date. (Do not sell the shares after placing the order). Only shareholders who hold the shares as on the record date will be eligible for the corporate action.
- Charges for the orders placed online is Rs. 20 + GST. These charges are non-refundable irrespective of orders accepted/rejected/failed.
Any shares offered in excess of the acceptance ratio will be credited back to your DEMAT account by the RTA and the funds for your accepted shares will be directly credited to your bank account.
You have to ensure that you tender your shares during the offer window. Tender offers cannot be made after the offer window closes.
- The acceptance ratio will be calculated only when the offer window closes and it will be based on the number of shares tendered and the number of retail investors who have applied for the buyback.
- If you tender more shares than your entitlement, then whether these additional shares will be accepted for buyback or not will solely depend on the acceptance ratio decided by the company.
- The details of upcoming buybacks/takeover/delisting/OFS can be found on Zerodha Bulletin. We post a monthly bulletin, where all the online buybacks for that month are updated.
- If you miss placing the order online in the first order window, A new order window will be opened on one day before the end date post 6:00 PM till the end date until 2:00 PM.