How do I apply for a Buyback?
You can apply for Buy-backs on Console - https://console.zerodha.com/portfolio/ofs-buyback/
Hover your mouse on the stock and select 'Options' and click on 'Place order'.
Enter the number of shares you want to tender and click on 'Submit'
- Buyback orders are collected till 12:00 PM on the offer end date. Ensure to hold sufficient quantities in your DEMAT account on the offer end date. (Do not sell the shares after placing the order)
- Charges for buyback orders placed online is Rs. 20 + GST. In case you missed to place the order online, you can raise a ticket on our support portal requesting to place the order manually. Manual buyback orders placed will be charged Rs. 100 + GST.
Presently, all buybacks can't be applied using Console. If you can't see the buyback option on Console, you will have to send a scanned copy of the "Tender Form" the company will send either to your registered email ID or address. You will have to fill up the tender form upload the form by creating a ticket below.
On receiving your order, Zerodha will place the bid on your behalf, transfer your shares to the RTA (registrar and transfer agent) and provide you with a Transaction Registration Slip (TRS) containing your bid details.
Any shares offered in excess of the acceptance ratio will be credited back to your DEMAT account by the RTA and the funds for your accepted shares will be directly credited to your bank account.
You have to ensure that you tender your shares during the buyback window. Tender offers cannot be made after the buyback window closes.
- The acceptance ratio will be calculated only when the buyback window closes and it will be based on the number of shares tendered and the number of retail investors who have applied for the buyback.
- If you tender more shares than your entitlement, then whether these additional shares will be accepted for buyback or not will solely depend on the acceptance ratio decided by the company.
- The details of upcoming buybacks can be found on Zerodha Bulletin. We post a monthly bulletin, where all the offline & online buybacks for that month are updated.